Potato salad - Not really a recipe...
So I love many foods. Cheese, chocolate, yams and potatoes just to name a couple. Mmmm potatoes. There are just so many things you can do and one of my favourites is potato salad.
I tried not to lie in the title of this post because this isn't really a recipe just a list of items that when mixed together make an amazeballs potato salad. Based on different tastes, you can play around with the amounts of each item you put in.
Potatoes: Cut up. Cooked until soft. (really that should be obvious!)
Mint: Fresh and cut up into small pieces
Chives: Also fresh and cut up into small pieces
Mayonaise: I heart the best foods mayo but each to their own.
Greek yogurt: I prefer to make my own in the good ole esiyo yogurt maker but any greek yogurt is good.
Red onion: diced and not too much that it is overwhelming and not so small an amount that you cant tell its in there.
1) Cut up potatoes into smallish squares / chunks
2) Boil the potatoes until they are soft and a fork goes through them. Not so soft they are mushy but not so hard they are crunchy. Thats just gross. Drain potatoes and set aside.
3) Cut up the mint, chives and red onion and mix together
4) Add equal amounts of greek yogurt and mayo to the herbs / onion until you are happy with the ratios.
5) Add cooled down cooked potatoes and stir.
6) Either eat right away or refrigerate. Either way it tastes super awesome.
I admit I cant remember where this "recipe" originally comes from but I'm sure my mother introduced it to me and I am ever so thankful that she did!